Note: this post contains affiliate links
There’s no doubt about it, Los Angeles gets a whole lot of flak. I’ve been around the world and I’ve heard people praise California, but they always have to mention their one exception was L.A. Yes, it’s smoggy, sometimes slightly shallow, and there’s a lot of traffic and bad drivers. If you can get past all that though, there are an large amount of activities and sights to see around the city.
This list is to be saved and referenced for whenever you’re in the City of Angels next. Maybe you’ll have a massive layover in L.A. in the near future, or perhaps you’ll find yourself in the city one day and be lost for what to see besides Hollywood.
Keep in mind, I’ve never lived in L.A., but my sister went to school there and while I was living in San Diego I made many visits to her in La La Land.
To get you brainstorming and excited for your next trip to Los Angeles, I present to you a list of 105 things to do in L.A. Enjoy your time with the stars!
3. Getty Center
4. Venice Beach Boardwalk
6. Vasquez Rocks
7. Exposition Park
8. Beverly Hills
11. Dolby Theatre
14. The Grove
15. Watts Tower
16. Pierce Brothers Westwood Village Memorial Park
18. Korean Bell of Friendship
19. Little Tokyo
20. Sunset Boulevard
22. Eames House
26. Hollywood sign
32. Screen Novelties
36. Hollywood Forever Cemetery + Evergreen Cemetery
41. California Institute of Abnormal Arts
42. Disneyland (in Anaheim, but close enough!)
43. Muscle Beach
44. The Silent Movie Theatre
46. Phantasma Gloria
48. Dapper Cadaver
52. Charlie Brown Farms (just north of L.A. but worth seeing)
53. Wayfarers Chapel
54. Time Travel Mart
55. Great Wall of LA
56. Wacko Soap Shop
57. Murphy’s Ranch
68. Museum of Death
72. Bunny Museum
74. Hike through Griffith Park at Sunset
75. See a baseball game at Dodger’s Stadium
76. Midnight showing of The Room at Regent Theatre
77. Hike at Runyon Canyon Park
78. See a show at The Viper Room
79. See a show at the Hollywood Bowl
81. Find an all-you-can-eat Korean restaurant in Korea Town and dig in!
82. Rent paddle boats at Echo Park
85. Shipwreck Hike
89. Pig ‘n Whistle
91. Idle Hour
92. Pink’s Hot Dogs
94. No Vacancy
100. Angel City Brewery
102. Monkish Brewing Co.
104. Strand Brewing Co.
105. Golden Road Brewing
The aspect I love about Los Angeles is that there’s always something new to do each time I visit. It’s a city to explore, not only for the famous sites, but also for those quirky and unique places that exist all over the city.
I may not like driving in the city and I may never move there, but it would be wrong to say that Los Angeles is overrated. It’s a sprawling metropolis that has a little something for everyone.
Have you been to Los Angeles? Is there anything you would add to the list? How many spots have you been to?
Recommended L.A. Tours
Join the Adventure
Get first dibs on travel updates, tips, and deals. Life is an adventure, join me around the world!