And so the countdown begins, 25 days until departure. I’m ready for the new experiences 2013 is sure to bring.
Recently leaving behind a two year relationship, I’ve come away with the feeling that there’s nothing left to be afraid of. I have confidence in my own strength to tackle whatever life throws at me in the next year. I think it’s going to be one hell of a year.
I’ve realized the only way to love the life I live is through passion, optimism, and spontaneity. So, this year my travel resolutions will revolve around just those things, letting go of the negative aspects in my life in the process.
Countries to visit: Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia
Wish list countries (if I have the time and money to keep traveling after the above list): Nepal, Myanmar, Laos, India, Taiwan, Fiji, and although not a country I want to see Hawaii this year.
1. Hot air balloon over Melbourne at sunrise
2. Go paragliding in New Zealand
4. Practice yoga in an ashram in India and/or get my yoga teacher certification in India or SE Asia
5. Find a volunteer program in Southeast Asia that represents one of my passions and genuinely helps the local community
Get a tattoo while abroad
Hike a volcano in Hawaii
13. Ride a motorbike through the Vietnam countryside
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Join the Adventure
Get first dibs on travel updates, tips, and deals. Life is an adventure, join me around the world!
Latest posts by Mimi McFadden (see all)
- 101 Things to Do in Santa Cruz (From a Local) - May 2, 2019
- 16 Best Maui Hikes: From the Road to Hana to Haleakala Volcano - April 27, 2019
- 15 Best Sedona Hikes for All Hiking Levels - April 23, 2019