The best waterproof walking shoes for women that will keep your feet dry and comfortable no matter what the weather decides to do.
I don’t know about you but I walk everywhere.
Walking is my favorite way to take a mid-afternoon break from work, explore a new city, or stay active while taking in the scenery at a slower pace.
It’s so important to have a good pair of walking shoes, especially waterproof walking shoes that keep feet dry even on the rainiest of days.
Traditional rain boots are cute and all but if you want to have more support, versatility, or you want to pack light for that upcoming trip, they’re just not as practical.
So, leave the classic rain boots at home and check out these practical and stylish waterproof shoes for every budget.
Note: this post contains affiliate links, which help run this site at no extra cost to you so I can keep providing free travel advice and tips.
Here’s a Quick Look at Our Recommendations
The Best Waterproof Walking Shoes for Women
- Best Amazon Rain Boots for Women – DKSUKO Chelsea Booties for Women
- Best Women’s Waterproof Sneakers – DKSUKO Waterproof High Top or Low Top Rain Shoes
- Best No-Slip Slip On Shoes for Muddy Days – TENGTA Waterproof Garden Shoes
- Best Women’s Rain Shoes – Planone Short Rain Boots for Women
- Best Comfortable Waterproof Work Shoes – Crocs Bistro Clog
- Best Water Shoes – Zhuanglin Women’s Aqua Water Shoes
- Best Women’s Waterproof Flats – Muck Boot Women’s Muckster Flats
- Best Waterproof Walking Sandals – KEEN Women’s Whisper Sandal
- Best Women’s Waterproof Tennis Shoes – SOREL Women’s Out N About Sneaker
- Best Women’s Waterproof Hiking Shoes – Merrell Women’s Moab 2 Waterproof Hiking Shoes
- Best Women’s Boots for Long Walks – Teva Women’s W DE LA Vina Dos Chelsea Boot
- Best Women’s Walking Shoes for All Day Exploring – KEEN Women’s Presidio Shoe
- Best Women’s Waterproof Hiking Boots – Merrell Women’s Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
- Best Women’s Waterproof Athletic Shoes – Teva Women’s Arrowood Waterproof Shoe
- Best Water Resistant Walking Shoes – Allbirds Women’s Wool Dasher Mizzles
- Best Waterproof Trail Running Shoes – Salomon SPEEDCROSS 5 GTX Women’s Trail Running Shoes
- Best Durable Waterproof Boots for Women – Timberland Women’s Premium Waterproof Boots
17 Waterproof Shoes for Women
Women’s Waterproof Walking Shoes Under $50
#1 DKSUKO Chelsea Boots for Women
Best Amazon Rain Boots for Women
I love a good Chelsea boot. I probably wear my Chelsea boots at least half of the week, whether I’m abroad or at home because they’re so damn versatile, cute, and comfortable.
Seriously, I’ve walked for hours around new cities in waterproof Chelsea boots with happy and dry feet.
If you only want to bring one pair of waterproof shoes on your next trip, these boots by DKSUKO would be my first pick.
They’re easily some of the best waterproof walking shoes for Europe and other popular travel destinations with their stylish nature and comfortable fit. Plus, they’re inexpensive at under $30.
And even though these are cheap, they’re made with quality materials of waterproof elastic and sealed rubber that goes up over the ankle.
They also have a pull loop strap at the back to slip them on and off and a dirt-resistant exterior for easy cleaning.
If you’re concerned about height, DKSUKO also offers mid-calf rain boots, but I gotta say, I adore these ankle length boots for packability and more versatility.
- Not as tall as a traditional rain boot
- Somewhat bulkier than other waterproof shoes on this list
- Made of rubber, which isn’t always great for sensitive skin
#2 DKSUKO Waterproof High Top or Low Top Rain Shoes
Best Waterproof Sneakers
I’ve traveled with Converse sneakers for years because they’re comfortable, versatile, and I love the classic look to them.
However, they’re not the most waterproof shoes and when I’ve been caught in the rain with them my feet end up soaked through.
So when I discovered these waterproof Converse-esque shoes, I was sold.
If you want that causal sneaker look without the soaking feet when it’s wet out, these are a great option. Plus, they’re very packable.
The shoes come in a variety of colors besides just black and white. You can even go for that classic bright yellow color that is common on cute women’s rain boots without having to deal with the bulkiness of traditional rain boots.
Alternatively, if you have a larger budget and you’re looking for slightly nicer sneakers, I’d highly recommend these Lucie Mid Waterproof Shoes by Forsake.
- Good to pair with any type of casual wear
- Thermal insulation so you stay dry and somewhat warm
- Easy to clean
- Waterproof in the rain, but some water might get through if you plan to jump in big puddles
- Don’t have much support (I’d recommend getting insoles if you get sore feet easily)
- Don’t have a ton of grip on the bottom
#3 TENGTA Unisex Waterproof Garden Shoes
Best No-Slip Slip On Shoes for Muddy Days
These unisex waterproof garden shoes by TENGTA might not be everyone’s cup of tea.
However, they’re a great choice if you’re looking for something a bit more weather proof, easy to slip on, and still inexpensive.
These shoes can handle slush, rain, and mud and have more grip on the bottom than the previous two shoes on this list. They’re also durable, flexible, and have a slightly warmer interior liner for chilly days.
They provide a comfortable fit with memory foam insoles and an interior that stays dry even on stormy days.
The only downside to these garden shoes is that they don’t have a ton of built-in support if you’re going to be walking long distances, so make sure to get some insoles for added comfort.
For the price of these shoes, it’s still a steal for everything else they offer.
Alternatively, if you’re looking for a more stylish traditional slip on sneaker similar to Vans, these waterproof OluKai Pehuea Heu Shoes are a good option.
- Can handle rain, mud, and light slush
- Non-slip outsoles that are good for wet surfaces
- Memory foam footbed
- Not overly supportive – you’ll probably want to buy insoles if you plan to walk long distances
- Not very stylish
#4 Planone Short Rain Boots for Women
Best Rain Shoes
If you’re looking for a quality pair of waterproof women’s boots that are as cute as they are practical, look no further than the Planone Short Rain Boots.
These shoes are easy to quickly slip on while you’re running out the door for a full day of explorations in a new place.
They’re made with quality single-layer cotton lining technology to keep feet dry and they have great traction on the outer soles to help prevent slips.
The Planone Rain Boots are soft and comfortable and feature a partial mesh upper for more flexibility. They’re also lighter than they look for easy packing.
Lastly, these boots are inexpensive and puddle-proof with their higher 1-inch heel. The only downside is their thinner sole and wider ankle design that allows water to get in easier.
For the thinner soles, I’d recommend buying some comfortable insoles if you want to wear these shoes for longer periods.
Overall, if you plan to be in wetter climates, these are some of the best walking shoes for rainy weather.
- Great waterproof design
- Good grip on the bottom so you don’t slip
- Partial mesh upper for more flexibility
- It’s recommended to wear tall socks with these since the tops can sometimes be uncomfortable on bare skin
- Not overly supportive for those with high arches, adding insoles is recommended
- Not that warm for freezing days on their own, but great if you pair them with thick winter socks
#5 Crocs Unisex Bistro Clog
Best Comfortable Waterproof Work Shoes
People have a lot of opinions about Crocs, you usually love them or hate them.
Regardless, there’s no denying that they’re a great lightweight option and some of the best waterproof shoes for work.
A favorite with nurses, chefs, and anyone who works long shifts where they have to be on their feet all day, Crocs are known universally as one of the comfiest pairs of waterproof shoes.
If you care more about practical shoes than stylish ones, you can’t go wrong with Crocs.
These particular Crocs Bistro Clogs are specifically designed for long work days, with a no-slip design, easy-to-clean exterior, and arch support.
- Very comfortable
- No-slip design
- Easy to clean
- Some arch support
- Not very breathable
- Not very stylish
#6 Zhuanglin Women’s Aqua Water Shoes
Best Water Shoes
Okay, water shoes are technically the opposite of “waterproof” in the sense that they won’t keep your feet dry.
They instead let water in with their mesh design but are quick drying, lightweight, and water doesn’t destroy them.
These Zhuanglin Aqua Water Shoes are some of the best water shoes on the market these days.
They’re perfect for any water activities where you want to protect your feet but don’t want to ruin your favorite pair of shoes.
Plus, they’re versatile enough to walk longest distances on land before jumping in the water.
Otherwise, if you’re looking for something a little more high quality that will last for years, I highly recommend the Merrell All Out Blaze Water Shoes.
- Quick drying and breathable
- Come in plenty of colors and sizes
- Versatile for walking on land or in water
- Not technically waterproof but great for water-based activities
- Made with cheaper materials
Women’s Waterproof Shoes Under $100
#7 Muck Boot Women’s Muckster Flat
Best Waterproof Flats
If you’re looking for waterproof shoes for women that you could wear with a nicer outfit, let me introduce these waterproof flats by Muck Boot.
Waterproof flats might sound counterintuitive because they’re open at the top and don’t protect your feet from getting wet.
As long as you’re not walking through puddles though, they’re actually pretty versatile waterproof flats to bring on any trip. Plus, they’re comfortable enough for walking around a city all day.
The great thing about these waterproof flats is that they’re tough. You can get them dirty and wet all you want, they have great traction, and they’re lightweight too.
The Muck Boot flats come in four different colors and feature non-slip rubber soles.
- Good traction and non-slip soles
- They’re still flats so if you’re walking through rain the tops of your feet will get wet
- They run big
#8 KEEN Women’s Whisper Sandal
Best Waterproof Walking Sandals
I bought my first pair of walking sandals from KEEN when I was 18 and on my way to the jungles of Costa Rica.
I’ve been a big believer in the quality of KEEN shoes ever since because I wore them for over 10 years and they were still supportive and looked great after a decade.
These KEEN Whisper Sandals are some of the best long distance waterproof walking shoes you can buy, whether you’re specifically looking for hiking sandals or simply supportive sandals that can keep up with an active lifestyle.
Since KEEN sandals have an open design, they won’t keep your feet completely dry if it’s raining, but water won’t ruin them and they’re great for staying upright on slippery surfaces.
Alternatively, you also can’t go wrong with Teva Sandals. I find them to be more stylish but not quite as supportive as KEENs
- Supportive with good arch and heel support
- Good traction and non-slip outer soles
- Easy to slip on
- Protective bump toe
- They have an open design so they won’t keep your feet completely dry
- Due to their open design it’s also easier for rocks and debris to get in when you’re walking on unpaved paths
#9 SOREL Women’s Out N About Sneaker
Best Waterproof Tennis Shoes
If you don’t want to pack a bulky rain boot, these waterproof sneakers are a great alternative for their comfort and easy packability.
The Sorel Women’s Out N About Sneakers have a vulcanized herringbone rubber sole for better traction and a removable plush footbed for ultimate comfort.
They’re recommended for light rainy days and, although they’re designed more for urban settings, they can be used for easy to medium hikes.
It’s good to note that they just won’t have the ankle support that a traditional hiking boot would.
These shoes run a little big so it’s usually recommended to order a half size down.
Lastly, they’re comfortable enough to walk for miles in over smooth or uneven terrain, making them a great waterproof travel shoe or everyday shoe.
Otherwise, another good option if you have more of a budget is the ultra comfortable On Cloud Hi Waterproof Shoes.
- Stylish and versatile
- Comfortable enough for miles of walking around town or an easy hike
- Good grip on the bottom
- Run big – I’d recommended ordering a half size down
- If you have high arches you might need additional support with an insole
- Good for light rain but not great for walking through puddles
#10 Merrell Women’s Moab 2 Waterproof Hiking Shoes
Best Hiking Shoes
If you care more about comfort than you do about fashion or versatility when it comes to waterproof shoes, I’d recommend getting proper hiking shoes or boots for optimal comfort.
These waterproof Merrell hiking shoes are a good lightweight pick for your next adventure, especially if you plan to have a somewhat outdoorsy trip.
The best thing about this hiking shoe is that it’s designed with arch support in mind to keep your feet dry and happy for long walks. It also has durable traction on the bottom that grips slick surfaces well.
- Comfortable, good arch support
- Great for rainy outdoor adventures
- Good grip on the bottom
- Made with high-quality materials
- Not very versatile
- There isn’t the same ankle support that you’d get with hiking boots
#11 Teva Women’s DE LA Vina Dos Chelsea Boot
Best Waterproof Boots for Long Walks
You can probably tell by now that I have a thing for walking boots, but that’s because I walk everywhere in boots when I travel (especially to city destinations).
The right kind of boots are the perfect combination of comfort, style, and versatility, and these Teva waterproof women’s boots are no exception.
Teva is known to be one of the best shoe companies out there for comfortable walking shoes and these Teva boots really deliver.
You might not want to take them hiking but you could happily walk for hours in them.
Just note that these boots tend to run slightly small so it’s usually recommended to order a half size up.
The good news is that it doesn’t take much to break them in, they’re pretty walk ready as soon as you put them on.
- Good quality
- Versatile and stylish
- No-slip rubber sole
- Easy to break in
- Can run small – I’d recommend ordering a half size up
- Not as packable as a smaller waterproof shoe
- The design of the top of the shoe isn’t always great for preventing water from getting in
- Not good for wide feet
Women’s Waterproof Shoes Over $100
#12 KEEN Women’s Presidio Shoe
Best Walking Shoes for All Day Exploring
The KEEN Women’s Presidio Shoe is a great option for those who want a lot of comfort in their walking shoes but don’t want to carry around full on hiking boots.
Seriously though, these shoes are amazing when it comes to comfort and giving you optimal support for long days of walking.
They also feature Cleansport NXT for natural odor control, an important thing to have for those adventurous travelers who regularly work up a sweat.
These KEEN shoes are one of my top picks for the best waterproof shoes on this list because of their versatility, comfort (including good arch support), and quality.
- High-quality walking shoe
- Versatile – great for city explorations and for hitting the trail
- Natural odor control
- Can be a bit clunky for summer travel
- Close fit, so hard to wear thick winter socks if it’s cold out (unless you order up)
- Tread on the bottom could be better
#13 Merrell Women’s Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
Best Waterproof Hiking Boots
Finally, a proper hiking boot that is super comfortable and fully waterproof to keep your feet dry.
If you’re looking to go on some serious hikes and you want shoes that can keep you dry in any weather, these Merrell Women’s Moab 2 boots are it.
I’ve been wearing my Merrell Moab 2 Mid Hiking Boots for the past year for longer treks and they’ve by far been the best hiking boots I’ve owned yet.
These heavy duty waterproof boots for women have an air cushion in the heel for stability and to absorb shock, they have great traction, and a protective rubber toe cap for even the rockiest of terrains.
These are some of the best hiking boots for women on the market today. The Moab is definitely bulkier than other shoes on this list but still surprisingly lightweight for a hiking boot.
The high ankle design also means you won’t be twisting anything anytime soon. There’s support in every aspect of this shoe and it’s versatile and breathable enough to wear in hot or cold weather.
Merrell also offers wide versions in every size so you can find your perfect fit no matter how your foot is shaped, making them some of the best waterproof shoes for wide feet as well.
- Can wear in any type of weather, or season
- Lightweight for a hiking boot
- Designed for optimal comfort and support
- Great for long outdoor walks and serious hikes
- Great for wide or standard width feet
- Bulky to pack
- Not super versatile for wearing outside of hiking
- Pricier (but you get what you pay for)
#14 Teva Women’s Arrowood 2 Waterproof Shoes
Best Waterproof Athletic Shoes
Another great waterproof Teva option if you’re looking for lightweight sneakers to get you through those rainy days.
These versatile waterproof shoes for women can be used on the trail for short and easy hikes or for long walks around town.
Every part of this shoe is about comfort. You’ll feel quality support as soon as you lace these up and hit the road.
They also have grippy soles that are great for preventing slips on wet days and they’re lined with lightweight, breathable mesh.
These Tevas are also super packable and light enough to easily take on your carry on.
Just note that they run a bit large so it’s recommended to order a half size down, unless you plan to mostly wear them with thick socks.
- Lightweight and easy to pack
- Versatile for the city or the trail
- Made for comfort and support
- Good grip on the bottom to prevent slips
- Made with high-quality materials
- Not as easy to clean, so it’s best to get the darker option
- Can be a bit stiff at first and hard to break in but they’re super comfortable once you do
- More expensive but they’re fully waterproof and good quality
#15 Allbirds Women’s Wool Dasher Mizzles
Best Water-Resistant Running Shoes
I’ve become a huge Allbirds convert in recent years, now owning three different pairs and styles of their shoes.
One of those pairs is the regular Allbirds Wool Runner shoes, but these cozy Women’s Wool Runner Mizzles are the best water-resistant option.
Designed with active people (and regular walkers) in mind, these shoes are ergonomically crafted for the utmost comfort, support, and flexibility. They’re also sustainably made and machine washable.
Because of the overall support they provide, especially around the heel, they’re probably the best waterproof walking shoes for plantar fasciitis and other foot issues that need more structure and cushioning.
Plus, they have removable inserts so you can always insert the ones that work best for your feet.
- Very comfortable and supportive
- Cushioned heel
- Sustainably made
- Machine washable
- No-slip outer soles
- Not too expensive
- Only water-resistant, not fully waterproof
- The wool can get a little warm on hot days or if you’re doing more strenuous activities (but if also feels like a cloud)
#16 Salomon SPEEDCROSS 5 GTX Women’s Trail Running Shoes
Best Waterproof Trail Runners
And finally, we have the Salomon SpeedCross 5 GTX Trail Running Shoes that are perfect for hitting muddy trails or having plenty of traction on slick surfaces.
With the solid arch support they provide, these are also some of the best waterproof shoes for flat feet.
They are also one of the few pairs of shoes on this list that are made with Gore-Tex waterproofing.
These shoes provide plenty of cushioning around the bottom and back of the heel and an aggressive no-slip tread on the bottom.
Alternatively, if you’re looking for something a little more versatile, La Sportiva Jackal GTX is another great trail running shoe that can hold up in heavy rain.
- Great no-slip tread on the bottom
- Has Gore-Tex waterproofing
- Very comfortable with a good amount of cushioning and arch support
- Good grip on the bottom to prevent slips
- Made with high quality materials
- Not super versatile
- More expensive
- Not great for wide feet
#17 Timberland Women’s Premium Boots
Best Durable Waterproof Boots for Women
I’m of the opinion that everyone should own a good pair of Timberlands at least once in their life.
Yes, they’re bulky, but they’re also damn comfortable and can withstand pretty much anything and they last forever.
Timberlands are the OG work boot, which is why they’re so tough and made from such quality materials.
In recent years, they’ve also become a popular walking boot for women because of how comfortable they are.
And they’re surprisingly versatile. You can wear them with a lot more than you might think.
Timberlands are great because you can wear them in snow or the rainiest of days and these Timbs in particular are made with women’s feet in mind.
Wear these in an urban setting or take them on your next outdoor adventure, they’re great to wear in almost any casual situation that involves a decent amount of walking or standing.
- Very high quality
- Versatile – wear them in the city or the outdoors
- Super comfortable
- Can keep your feet dry and warm in any type of weather
- Bulky and heavy
- Take some time to break in
Looking for more shoe recommendations? Check out these related posts below!
- 27 Best Gifts for Snowboarders and Skiers (That They’ll Actually Use) - October 13, 2021
- 31 Things to do in Mendocino, California for the Perfect Weekend Away - October 13, 2021
- 100+ Things to do in California (Written by a Californian) - October 5, 2021